We can use the Azure Portal and Kudu to view and edit the web.config of our deployed app in the App Service:
- Open the App Service you want to using the Azure web portal.
- Goto “DEVELOPMENT TOOLS” -> “Advanced Tools” and click on the “Go ->” link.
- Above the console use the file explorer to navigate to the “site/wwwroot” folder
- Scroll down and click the pencil icon to open the file
- You should see the file content in the editor:
Be careful, saved changes have immediate effect and you should absolutely know what you are doing when on a production system!